As the end of 2016 approaches, we’re looking back at some of our most memorable, interesting, and useful blog posts related to web design and development, SEO, social and content marketing. The following is a list of our top 11 most popular articles of the past year from our Digital Marketing Insights blog.
- Why You Need a Mobile Website – 7 Surprising Stats (Infographic)
In 2015 Google announced that it would use mobile friendly sites as a ranking signal for SEO. Since then, the mobile revolution has continued, with continued growth of internet usage from mobile devices, making it more and more important to have a responsive website.
- Best Practices for Effective Content Marketing
Content marketing continues to be an important topic for small businesses and organizations of all sizes, yet most marketers agree that content marketing is very difficult to do well. To help we put together a list of guidelines or best practices for effective content marketing.
- Why Blog? Statistics Show the Benefit
Debating whether blogging makes sense for your organization? Stats show why blogging is one of the most effective content marketing strategies in use today.
- A Simplified Explanation of Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
New to digital marketing and/or search optimization? This post gives a quick overview of what SEO is and some of the main factors that impact where your website ranks in search results.
- Five (5) Easy Ways to Speed up Your Website without calling Your Developer
Whether you are concerned about user experience or search rankings, the speed your website loads has become very important. Learn how to speed up your site.
- Ten Questions to Determine if You Need a New Website
Debating whether you need a new website to support your organization’s objectives? This article will help you decide if and why you need to update your web presence.
- Proprietary vs. Open Source CMS: Three (3) Part Series
There are many content management solutions available, divided into both proprietary and open sourced software. Which is best for your business? Read Part 1, Part 2, and Part 3.
- Five Lazy Social Media Habits and Ways to Avoid Them
With the limited resources most organizations have in regards to social media, it is easy to get lazy and fall into bad habits. This article discussed some common pitfalls and suggestions for avoiding them.
- How To Use Google Analytics: The Basics
Effective website management begins with understanding your audience and what works or doesn’t. Google Analytics is a powerful (and free) tool that can help drive your content and web strategy.
- Website Visibility, Engagement, and Conversion – Pillars of Effective Marketing
Understanding the three pillars of effective website marketing will help you become a better, more successful marketer.
- Why Keyword Research is (Still) Critical to Your Website’s Success
Despite what some are saying, keyword research is still be an important component for website and SEO success. Learn why.
Have a favorite that didn’t make the list? Comment and let us know or provide a suggestion for content you want to see in 2017. Thanks for your readership and Happy New Year!